COVID-19 Health and Safety
Health and Safety Policies and Procedures at Honsberger Physio+
We take the health and safety of our team, clients and communities very seriously and as such have implemented a number of health and safety policies and procedures to ensure a safe environment for all.
Client Health and Safety Policies and Procedures
1. Please complete your 'COVID-19 Health Screen' no more than two hours before your visit, you will recieve this via email. This must be completed prior to every visit to the clinic. If you do not receive your 'COVID-19 Health Screen' please call us in Markham at (905) 940-2627 or in Aurora at (905) 841-0411 and we will resend this to you.
2. Please leave all non-essential personal effects in your car or at home.
3. We have designated ENTRANCE and EXIT doors to help reduce congestion in the communal spaces and allow for increased social distancing. The ENTRANCE and EXIT doors are clearly labeled and there are red directional arrows on the floor to guide you out of the building following your appointment.
4. When you enter the building, pease sanitize your hands. If you do not have a mask we provide 3-layer blue medical grade masks for all clients. All clients are required to wear a mask during their appointment.
We reserve the right to deny treatment if a client is unable to wear the required personal protective equipment. Each client case will be dealt with individually. If treatment is approved by the treating therapist, we will require a PPE Liability Release form to be signed before each visit.
5. We will be limiting all non-essential visitors in to the clinic. So unless a dependent requires a parent and/or guardian, a personal support worker or family member is required for support, we kindly ask that you attend your appointment on your own. Any individual who enters the clinic who is not booked as a patient will be required to provide their first and last name, address, email and phone number to support contact tracing policies (if necessary).
6. We kindly ask that you pay in advance of your appointment to help us reduce congestion at the front desk. All invoices will be sent digitally, unless a paper copy is requested.
If you wish to buy products at the advice of your therapist, you can circle back through the clinic following your appointment to pay for your additional purchase, we can accept your credit card over the phone or you can send an e-transfer to settle up any remaining balances.
7. Once your appointment is complete, follow the red arrows to the EXIT door and remove your mask (if you wish) and dispose of any personal protective equipment in the garbage bin provided and sanitize your hands prior to exiting the building.
Employee Health and Safety Policies and Procedures
1. All employees will be required to complete a mandatory daily Health Screen including a temperature check prior to each shift.
2. All employees have been provided with KN95 respiratory masks, face shields, protective eyewear and gloves. Depending on their governing body, there are different PPE regulations for various practitioners.
3. All surfaces in the treatment room will than be disinfected prior to the first client visit, in between each visit and at the end of the day.
- The College of Massage Therapists of Ontario requires Registered Massage Therapists to keep cleaning logs so these will be readily available for those this applies to
4. All common surfaces in the clinic will be disinfected every hour and POS machines will be disinfected after every use.
All staff have completed a rigorous three phase training program to ensure they completely understand and abide by all the new health and safety policies and procedures, including an IPAC Hand Hygiene training module.
Please be advised, operating expectations and health guidelines are changing rapidly and we are doing our best to stay on top of the risk factors and provide safe environments for our team and clients.
If you see anything you are not happy with, we encourage you to voice your concerns for immediate feedback to our Senior Leadership Team. We take your feedback very seriously.