We can Objectively Measure Your Cognitive Function for:
- Sport Performance
- Concussion Recovery
- Those seeking optimal brain health function and wellness
- Active Aging
- Military and Tactical Officers
- For neurological conditions
- And more!
Honsberger Physio+ has been a leader in the concussion field for over 20 years!
We have experience working with mild to severe concussions from the moment they happen during a sport, in a car accident, in everyday life or at work.
By identifying a gap in the baseline assessment protocol for athletes, we developed our own proprietary baseline concussion testing and recovery protocol by combining a number of proven approaches to address all facets of the brain by assessing decision making, reaction time, recall, concentration, balance, and memory.
This lead to our passion to provide standardized cognitive evaluations to objectively check up on areas such as memory, attention, reasoning, and verbal ability all cognitive abilities you need to function optimally in everyday life.
It s not a test it s a quick check up on how you re doing today, like a blood pressure cuff for your brain.
Why is Measuring Cognitive Health Important?
We all have a subjective idea of how our brains are doing some days we feel off or have brain fog, while other days we feel like we can take on the world.
But how much better are we on the good days?
Are lifestyle or health changes making a difference?
A Cognitive Assessment will tell you just that!
By putting a number to these subjective feelings, we can discover what is causing the good days, so you can have more of them! When your brain is performing, every activity in your daily life will be easier, from remembering where you parked your car to doing your taxes.
OUR COGNITIVE ASSESSMENTS
Who should have a Annual Cognitive Assessment?
We recommend completing an Annual CBS Health Evaluationif you fall in to one or more of these categories:
- Baseline creation in the early 30s is ideal to see the brain at its best capacity
- Age 50 is when many cognitive issues may be self-identified
2. Lifestyle factors
- Smoking history, sedentary lifestyle, or cardiovascular risk factors ( high blood pressure, high cholesterol, diabetes)
3. Family history of dementia or Alzheimer's
- In women, menopause and the decreased estrogen may accelerate the cognitive decline.
5. Concerns regarding brain function such as memory, decision making, following instructions or concentration.
A person may need a more comprehensive cognitive evaluation, The Healthy Aging Brain Assessment, if they show signs of cognitive impairment. These include:
- Forgetting appointments and important events
- Losing things often
- Having trouble coming up with words that you usually know
- Losing your train of thought in conversations, movies, or books
- Increased irritability and/or anxiety
But what is a 'Healthy Aging Brain'?
Using Engaging and Scientifically Validated Cognitive Assessment Platforms
All Honsberger Physio+ Baseline Concussion Tests, Concussion Assessments and Cognitive Assessments use cutting edge platforms to accurately measure brain health. Your healthcare practitioner will use these tools to assess, monitor, and manage core areas of cognition to ensure that your care plan is on the right track, including:
Still not sure where to start? Email us!