OSTEOPATHY IN AURORA + MARKHAM!
We provide Osteopathy in Aurora and Markham.
Osteopathy, also known as osteopathic medicine, was founded by Dr Andrew Taylor Still, an American physician in the 19th century.
Osteopathic Manual Pracititioners (OMPs) provide a holistic approach to health and stresses the importance of the musculoskeletal system in a person’s health and well-being.
When the body’s musculoskeletal system is not properly aligned, it impacts the circulatory, lymphatic or nervous system function. When the body is not aligned properly, these systems to do function as they should which will impact body’s ability to heal itself.
The aim of treatment is to support the body’s self-healing capacity.
Our Markham & Aurora osteopaths can manage a range of conditions including:
- Neck and back pain
- Head, Spinal and postural issues
- Musculoskeletal injuries
- Jaw pain (TMD/TMJ -temporomandibular joint)
- Repetitive strain and overuse injuries
- Pregnancy-related discomfort or complications (pre and post natal)
- Scarred tissue mobility (including C-sections)
- Sports injuries
- Visceral issues including digestive problems
- Respiratory and breathing issues
- Acute and chronic orthopaedic injuries
- Chronic pain
- IBS anddigestive problems
- Rehabilitative exercise programs
- Orthopaedic bracing
- and more!
Because osteopaths believe that there may be a musculoskeletal link in many conditions, osteopathy may also help with a wider range of disorders.
Click here to to book an appointment with an Osteopath in Aurora!
Click here to book an appointment with an Osteopath in Markham!
Meet our Osteopathy Team!
What you can expect from a Hands-on Osteopathic Treatment:
Using various manual assessment and techniques, osteopaths work to identify and ease restrictions, constrictions, and pain; reduce swelling; improve tissue mobility; and promote proper function and healing in people of all ages.
The #1 goal of the assessment is to find out WHY your issue is happening in the first place.
Once the CAUSE is determined, an osteopath focuses on your whole body, including the soft tissues (such as muscles, ligaments and tendons), the spine and nervous system, and may use a variety of different hands-on methods, including:
- Spinal manipulation
- Soft tissue massage techniques
- Articulation – gentle rhythmic joint movements
- Stretching muscles and joint capsules
- Muscle energy techniques – encouraging muscles to work against resistance
- Visceral manipulation – gentle movement of the abdominal and pelvic areas.
- Craniosacral techniques
- Vestibular rehabilitation
After your Osteopathy Assessment, you will receive a customized careplan which may include an exercise plan, tools to support your recovery from home and a suggested timeline to return for your next treament.
As osteopathic techniques include a gentle approach, they can be suitable for many people, from the newborn to an older person, and for those with complex medical problems.