PHYSIOTHERAPY IN AURORA + MARKHAM!
Don't wait until you are injured to start physiotherapy!
Preventative healthcare is the single most important thing you can do to prevent injury.
After 35 years in the business, our Aurora & Markham physiotherapists have developed an injury prevention protocol to predict where an injury may occur!
Our team of Physiotherapists has the education, experience, knowledge of the body's systems to work with athletes, weekend warriors, kids, parents, grandparents, entrepreneurs, industrial and front line workers.
We can diagnose and treat sports, workplace, motor vehicle accident and lifestyle injuries using biomechanical assessment techniques and externally validated industry leading technology.
Our goal is to speed up healing and to help clients find their way back to action as quickly as possible.
Physiotherapy helps people affected by injury, illness or disability through movement and exercise, manual therapy, healthcare tools, education and advice. We support the health of people of all ages, helping patients to manage pain and prevent disease.
What is Physiotherapy?
Physiotherapy, also known as physical therapy, is an area of healthcare that focuses on the prevention, treatment, and management of movement disorders, pain, and physical limitations. During physiotherapy treatments, we use various techniques, exercises, and manual manipulation to help people regain movement and function in their bodies.
Physiotherapy aims to optimize physical function and movement, as well as to prevent future injury or disability. At Honsberger Physio+, we work with people of all ages and abilities who may have a wide range of conditions such as sports injuries, chronic pain, or post-surgical rehabilitation.
Physiotherapy also involves education and advice on lifestyle modification, exercise, and physical activity to improve overall health and well-being. We work closely with other healthcare professionals to provide a holistic approach to patient care. Overall, physiotherapy plays an essential role in helping you recover from injury or illness and regain your physical independence.
Our Aurora & Markham physiotherapists focus on:
- Athletic performance
- Sport Vision Training
- Pre-hab - improve your strength and conditioning before surgery to speed up recovery
- Post-surgical recovery
- Injury Rehabilitation + Prevention
- Back, knee, shoulder, elbow, wrist, knee, ankle and foot pain
- Strength and Conditioning + Pilates
- Pelvic Health and Incontinence (Aurora only)
- Muscle weakness
- Sore joints
- Posture issues
- Migraines, headaches, neck and jaw pain (TMJ)
- Sympathetic nervous system issues
- Concussions + Cognitive Assessments
- Long COVID-19 symptoms
- and more!
Our practitioners offer different types of physiotherapy including:
- End stage sports rehabilitation
- Dry Needling
- Physiotherapist Led Pilates
- Vestibular Rehabilitation
- Craniosacral + Visceral therapy
- Pelvic Health + Incontinence (Aurora only)
- Strength and Conditioning
- TPI Certified
- and more!
Who Can Benefit From Physiotherapy?
If you have a body, you can benefit from physiotherapy. Whether you're an athlete, someone working in a physical job, have experienced an injury or accident, or are just looking to maintain a full range of motion and prevent future injuries, you can benefit from the skill and experience of our team at Honsberger Physio+.
Physiotherapy can benefit people of all ages and with a wide range of conditions or injuries. Here are some examples of who can benefit from physiotherapy:
- Athletes - Physiotherapy can help athletes recover from injuries, prevent future injuries, and improve their performance.
- People with musculoskeletal pain - Physiotherapy can help people with conditions such as back pain, neck pain, and joint pain (knees, shoulders, elbows, wrists) to manage their pain, improve their movement, and prevent future injuries.
- People with neurological conditions - Physiotherapy can help people with conditions such as severe concussion symptoms, stroke, multiple sclerosis, and Parkinson's disease to improve their movement, balance, and coordination.
- People with respiratory conditions - Physiotherapy can help people with conditions such as asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), and cystic fibrosis to manage their symptoms, improve their breathing, and increase their exercise tolerance. - just need to confirm the COPD portion, let me get back to you on this ASAP
- Pregnant women - Physiotherapy can help pregnant women to manage their pain and discomfort, prepare for childbirth, and recover after childbirth. Pelvic floor physiotherapy is a specific type of physiotherapy that is especially helpful for pregnant women and new mothers.
- Older adults - Physiotherapy can help older adults to improve their mobility, balance, and strength, as well as prevent falls and maintain independence.
In short, anyone who is experiencing pain, mobility issues, or physical limitations can benefit from physiotherapy. At Honsberger Physio+, we can assess your individual needs and develop a personalized treatment plan to help you achieve your goals.
This team has a passion for:
- Tennis + Racquet Sports
- Strength Training, Olympic Lifting + Crossfit
- and more!
We also provide WSIB and MVA services for those with claim numbers. Please call us for more details on these specific services.
Sports Physiotherapy Vs. Traditional Physiotherapy
Both traditional and sports physiotherapy work with individuals to support movement and movement impairments. While we treat every “body” like an athlete, the main difference between the two lies in their focus and approach.
Traditional physiotherapy is a broad field that focuses on the prevention, treatment, and management of movement disorders, pain, and physical impairments in people of all ages and with a wide range of conditions. Traditional physiotherapists work with patients to assess and diagnose their condition, develop a personalized treatment plan, and help them to improve their physical function, mobility, and quality of life.
Sports physiotherapy, on the other hand, is specifically focused on treating and preventing injuries and maximizing performance in athletes and active individuals. Sports physiotherapists have specialized knowledge and skills related to sports injuries, performance enhancement, and injury prevention. They often work with athletes at all levels, from recreational to professional, and help them to recover from injuries and return to their sport as quickly and safely as possible.
Whether you’re looking for support with managing an injury, preventing a future injury, or simply maintaining your strength and range of motion to keep up with the grandkids, physiotherapy can ensure your body is moving and functioning optimally.
Meet our team of Physiotherapists:
Get Started Today!
If you’ve suffered an injury, are an athlete looking to enhance your performance, or are suffering from a movement disorder or limitation, we at Honsberger Physio+ are here to help.
We work one-on-one with patients to complete hands-on assessments and create customized treatment plans for each individual. These are based on your needs and the underlying cause of your concern. At Honsberger Physio+, we work to speed up your healing and get you back to yourself as soon as possible.
If you’re ready to move toward healing and pain-free movement, book with us today!