REGISTERED MASSAGE THERAPY IN AURORA + MARKHAM!
Registered Massage Therapy reduces muscle tension.
Regular massage therapy treatments help to develop, maintain, rehabilitate and increase physical function. After a physically demanding workout, before a training session with your coach, after a stressful day... an experienced massage therapist can help!
At Honsberger Physio+, we offer Registered Massage Therapy in both Markham & Aurora, ON as a sports medicine based treatment. We provide an over the clothes, hands on injury prevention, athletic recovery approach to your care!
Once the assessment has been carried out, we use our findings and knowledge of body anatomy, biomechanics and functional movement to target specific areas. We incorporate job, sport and movement specific insights to your injuries and collaborate within our medical team to support your performance and recovery goals.Click here to book!
What is Registered Massage Therapy?
Registered massage therapy is a type of healthcare treatment that involves the assessment and support of soft tissues in the body, including muscles, tendons, ligaments, and connective tissues. Massage therapy aims to alleviate pain, improve muscle function, and promote relaxation and overall wellness.
At Honsberger Physio+, our registered massage therapists (RMTs) are trained healthcare professionals who have completed a comprehensive education program and are registered in Ontario. At Honsberger Physio+ all of our physiotherapists use a variety of techniques to address a wide range of conditions such as chronic pain, muscle tension, stress, sports injury prevention, and athletic recovery using a fully-clothed approach to massage therapy.
Registered massage therapy can benefit people of all ages and with a variety of conditions, from athletes looking to improve performance and recover from injuries to people dealing with chronic pain or fascial restrictions. We also use massage therapy as part of an overall wellness plan to support your performance and recovery goals.
In addition to hands-on treatment, our RMTs and physiotherapists also provide education and advice for ongoing health and wellness techniques such as stretching, mobility exercises, and recovery management to help our patients set personal bests and stay injury free.
Conditions That Can Benefit From Massage Therapy:
Massage therapy can benefit a wide range of conditions that affect the body and the mind. With the support of our team of RMT’s, we at Honsberger Physio+ can provide fully-clothed massage therapy to treat conditions including:
- Sports injuries & recovery - Sports massage therapy can help athletes recover from sports injuries such as strains, sprains, and muscle tears.
- Muscle tension, spasms and stiffness - Massage therapy can help reduce muscle tension and stiffness caused by poor posture, overuse, or injury.
- Chronic pain - Massage therapy can help alleviate chronic pain caused by conditions such as arthritis, fibromyalgia, and migraines.
- Muscle activation - Massage therapy can help activate or stimulate muscles that may not be functioning optimally, such as muscles that have become weak or inactive due to injury or a sedentary lifestyle.
- Joint pain - Massage therapy can support joint pain by improving circulation to the affected area, reducing muscle tension, and improving range of motion.
- Stress and anxiety - Massage therapy can promote relaxation and reduce stress and anxiety levels.
- Post-surgical rehabilitation - Massage therapy can help with the rehabilitation process after surgery, such as improving the range of motion and reducing scar tissue.
No matter your need or your level of movement and ability, massage therapy from a registered massage therapist can help you on your path to recovery and higher performance.
We have certified RMTs specialized in and passionate about:
- Sports Performance Vision Training + Cognitive Training
- Pre-hab - improve your strength and conditioning before surgery to speed up recovery
- Myofascial release
- Sympathetic Nervous System activation
- Kinesio + ROCK taping
- Craniosacral techniques
- Corporate and Workplace Wellness, Ergonomics and Functional Ability Evalautions
- Anxiety + Depression
- We also provide WSIB and MVA services for those with claim numbers.
Please call us for more details on these specific services.
Sports Massage Vs. Traditional Massage
While our RMTs have the skills and experience to provide massage relief for any type of need or condition, at Honsberger Physio+, we have a special focus on sports massage. What does that mean for you and your treatment plan?
Sports massage is typically used to help athletes improve their performance, prevent or treat sports injuries, and aid in recovery. Sports massage techniques are often more focused, vigorous, and targeted to specific muscle groups or areas of the body that are used during that athlete's sport. It can help increase flexibility, improve range of motion, reduce muscle tension, and promote faster recovery from sports-related injuries.
On the other hand, traditional massage is a more general form of massage therapy typically used for non-sport related injuries or tension, relaxation, and stress relief. These massage techniques can be more gentle and generally involve long, flowing strokes and kneading of the muscles to promote relaxation, improve circulation, and relieve muscle tension.
While both sports massage and traditional massage can provide benefits such as reduced muscle tension and improved circulation. Regardless of your needs, we provide over the clothes massage therapy treatment, these sessions are designed for different purposes and use different techniques to meet the client's needs and goals.
With treatment geared toward sports massage and athletic recovery, you can rest assured that our RMTs at Honsberger Physio+ are highly educated and capable of providing you with the right massage techniques to get you performing at your peak.
Meet our team of Registered Massage Therapists in Markham & Aurora
Get Started Today!
If you’re looking for a recovery or injury prevention plan to keep you in top shape, our registered massage therapists at Honsberger Physio+ are an integral part of a well-rounded treatment strategy. We use biometric assessments and analysis to know exactly where to target for maximum benefit and work with the rest of our medical team to ensure you get 360-degree care.